Explore this trail.
Explore this trail.
DAY 1: Cusco – Huchuy Qosqo - Aguas Calientes
DAY 2: Aguas Calientes - Machu picchu - Cusco
Lakes, andes, mountains, sagred valley and Machu picchu.
Departures:Our company has daily departures, since 2 to 10 participants maximum per group, we are a 100% direct trekking tour operator, sustainable and responsible with Nature.
Day 1: Cusco – Huchuy Qosqo – Aguas Calientes
We will leave Cusco at 6:00am on a private car that will take us to Chinchero and then Tauca, the starting point of our trek. We will hike uphill through a mountain landscape with presence of llamas and alpacas until we get to the mountain pass at 4500masl. We will then descend for approximately 1.5 hours more to reach the Inca archaeological site of Huchuy Qosqo, with 2-level constructions in what used to be a stop in the Inca route to Lares. After lunch, we will continue descending to Lamay, where our private transportation will be waiting for us to take us to Ollantaytambo. We then board an afternoon train that will take us to Aguas Calientes. Upon arrival, we will be accommodated at our hotel.
Max. altitude : 4000 masl.
Hiking Distance: 12 km
Weather : Sunny, windy and cold at night
Day 2: Machu Picchu – Cusco
After an early breakfast, we board a bus to go up to Machu Picchu and then immediately begin a complete guided tour of the Inca citadel that will take approximately two hours. We will then have free time to walk around, climb the Huayna Picchu Mountain, where one can appreciate spectacular views of all of Machupicchu, the valleys and mountains that surround it, or visit the Temple of the Moon and the fabulous Inca Bridge. In the afternoon, we will meet in the town of Aguas Calientes where, if you like, you can visit and relax in the thermal baths. From here we will take the train back to the city of Cusco, where we will arrive after nightfall.
• Extra night in Aguas Calientes $ 50.
• Huaynapicchu entrance ticket $ 18 (depends on availability).
• Sleeping Bag rent for the all trek $ 20.
• A pair of sticks $ 15 for the all trail.
• Adicional horse for carry your personal bags $ 50 per 3 days.
• Vistadone train service $ 60.
• Bus From Machupicchu to Aguas Calientes $ 15 USD
• Original ID documents (Passport)
• A good backpack or day backpack to carry your personal things
• Waterproof trekking boots.
• Warm clothes ( you can experience the four seasons in one day).
• 3 T-shirts, sun hat, two pairs of pants for the trek, gloves, 3 pairs of socks, raincoat, 1 warm jacket, extra layers.
• Camera with extra battery.
• Sunblock, sunglasses, insect repellent.
• Essential toiletries, toothbrush, baby wipes, hand sanitizer, etc.
• Swimsuit for swim in thermal baths.
• Water bottle (Optional bring water pills).
• Personal first aid kit.
• Head lamp.
• Some plastic bags in the rainy season.
|Without Hotel||Every Day|
|with Hotel||Every Day|
Student Discounts apply to anyone who has a valid GREEN ISIC card at the time of the trek or is 16 years old or younger. For those using an ISIC card to receive the discount, we do need to see a copy of the card at booking. For those booking children 16 years old or younger, we need a copy of their passport at booking time. Please send all to email@example.com.
This is a 2 star hotel and is based on shared rooms - either double, matrimonial or triple. If you prefer a single room you have to add $30 US per person. All the rooms include private bathrooms with hot showers and wifi. We can also upgrade your hotel if you prefer something a little fancier or we can do the tour without hotel, if you prefer to book the hotel for Aguas Calientes for your own. Please remember that the service you receive in Aguas Calientes will not be quite as good as Cusco.